Personal Experience



As a counsellor when I joined the job I was so much excited that I become a counsellor and counsels people about prevention and help in controlling the country zero HIV, zero death, and so on.

But when I met the first HIV positive patient I fully lost control my body was vibrating and I was shocked that the patient was 12yr boy who was doing his schooling how to give the report and to disclose the result to him and even I will narrate the result to him still confusion in my mind he should not commit suicide.

Then I started behaving like his best friend and tried to get full faith in him then gave him a chair to sit beside me so that he should not feel that he was sitting in front of a doctor, I was trying to let him feel comfortable so that he could tell me what actually running in his mind but after 20 minutes of silence he burst in tear and started crying and murmuring saying "my friends are responsible for it"

Actually, he understood that what was the result of the test. Then I took a long breath that I needn't need to disclose the result but the final part was so far that how he will show the report in front of his father. and he will take the ART medicine after CD4 count at the nodal ART centre.

Why I am always talking About HIV as an STD Counsellor?

Why STD counsellor role is different and HIV/AIDS counsellor role is Different

I will explain to you  HIV is also infected mainly through unprotected sex so if an individual has any STI symptoms they are tested for HIV and SYPHILIS. So the individual who was having an STI infection was First Visited in STI CLINIC.

So Friends prevention is better than cure

Post a Comment

0 Comments